Warner Music is one of the three major labels in the world. It is one of the top labels in the world along with Universal Music and Sony Music. Since it is expanding worldwide, it is a label that is based in each country and can be applied all over the world. Since the disc manufacturing division was separated in the mid-1990s, the remaining music production division and music publishing division have been collectively referred to as the Warner Music Group.
|Company Name||Warner Music Group|
|Headquarters location||1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, United States|
|Major shareholders||Access Industries (86.3%)|
|URL||WMG | WMG|
Initially, the entire music division of Warner Communications was established as “WEA,” which is an acronym for a major label, as a distribution network for three record companies, Warner Brothers, Electra, and Atlantic, which are under the umbrella of Warner Communications. Also called WEA. Since the separation of the disc manufacturing division in the 1990s, the remaining music production division and music publishing division have been collectively referred to as the Warner Music Group.Introducing MW75 Active Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones
Warner Music is recruiting singers, composers, lyricists, arrangers, etc. at bases around the world. There are various types of contracts. There are also bases for spot contracts for each song, full commission system, and salary system. Applications are accepted at bases around the world. However, the application method differs depending on the base, so please check carefully.
Apply by mail
Download and print the application form. After that, fill in the required items and mail it. At this time, I will enclose the photo. Also, when submitting a sound source, do not forget to enclose the sound source.Home
Open the application form from the official website and fill in the required items. At this time, upload photos and sound source files. Then, after confirming the input contents, apply.
Various auditions are held at Sony Music. Basically, the procedure is to review the documents and then have an interview. However, it is important to note that it is not always the case that the auditions are successful. Sometimes there are no successful applicants, and sometimes there are multiple successful applicants.
The following points will be important in the audition.
- Audience mobilization: Audience mobilization is an indicator of artist popularity. The more mobilized artists, the better the audition. That’s because it becomes a business.
- Sound source: The level of the sound source is the most important. It is the singing ability of the song, the playing ability, and if the sound source is not good, it is unlikely to be adopted.
- Activities: After passing the audition, it is important to be able to work as a professional artist.
- Parental Consent: If you are a minor, you may be asked for parental consent. If you are a minor, please obtain the consent of your parents in advance before applying.
- Will: You need to have the intention to actually become an artist. When it comes to interviews, it’s very important to show your motivation.
- Profile: What you’ve done so far is important. If there is nothing in the profile, it seems that you are not motivated and you will be rejected in the document screening. If you don’t have a lot of achievements, describe your enthusiasm, the instruments you can do, what you can do, etc. in your profile as an appealing element.
How to become a professional artist outside of auditions
Other than auditions, there are the following methods.Save 10% on your tickets with code FALLSAVE10
- Scout: Sometimes a record company staff member comes to watch your live show and offers an offer.
- Professional Musician Recommendations: There are ways to be found and recommended by professional artists to become an artist. You will need a connection with a professional musician. This requires making contact with professional artists live or in the studio. Also, in this case, you need to have the ability to be recognized by a professional artist.